2016 Annual Meeting
Thursday and Friday, September 22-23, 2016
at the Marriott Louisville East in Louisville, KY
Racing Towards Connectivity is the 2016 ITS Midwest Annual Meeting theme. Our annual meeting program includes:
- Technical sessions on connected and automated vehicles, traffic management and operations, multi-agency collaborations,
commercial vehicle operations, safety innovations,
incident management, work zone ITS, transit applications, federal updates, and new technologies.
- Featured speaker Jill Ingrassia, Managing Director AAA and ITS America Chairperson.
- Technical tour of the Ohio River Bridges Project.
- Night at the races social event at Churchill Downs.
Be sure to take advantage of member discounts by renewing your membership in ITS Midwest.
If you have questions about the annual meeting, please contact David Zavattero at 773-802-1541.
The Annual Meeting Program Booklet is available for download (pdf).
Last revised 21 September 2016
- Member: $175 early bird, $225 after 9/2
- Non-Member: $225 early bird, $275 after 9/2
- Student (Student ID required): Free (lunch not included),
$25 (lunch included)
- Special offer: 20% discount on 2017 ITS Midwest chapter membership available to non-members registering for the Annual Meeting. Offer not available to past or renewing members.
Note that the cost of the social event "Night at the Races" is not included in the meeting registration rates listed above. Payment of the social event fee of $36 is available as an option during meeting registration. The social event is described in more detail below.
Register online now using a credit card, or download the mail-in registration form if you prefer to pay by check. Early bird registration ends September 2, 2016.
The deadline to register online is September 16, after which only onsite registration is available. Credit cards cannot be accepted during onsite registration; please have check in hand when registering onsite.
A free technical tour of the Ohio River Bridges Project East End Crossing Tunnel
will take place Friday afternoon following the annual meeting. The tour is limited to 23 participants. For info or to book a reservation..
Social Event: Night at the Races
As part of the 2016 ITS Midwest Annual Meeting, attendees will have the opportunity to enjoy a Night at the Races at the world famous Churchill Downs. We will board the bus at the host hotel and leave for the Track at 4:00 pm on Thursday September 22nd.
At the Downs, we will sit down in the same seats as the world's most revered racing enthusiasts in Millionaires Row where the dining room provides scenic vantage points to view the races from a tiered balcony overlooking the finish line or via television monitors from the comfort of your table.
Dining amenities include a Chef's Table buffet and cash bar service, as well as easy access to mutuel tellers, and self-service betting machines. A $36.00 admission fee covers transportation, admission to the track, a race day program, and a full Chef's buffet.
Note: The social event is optional, and the $36 fee is not included in the meeting registration. Payment of the social event fee of $36 is available as an option during meeting registration (above). Availability is limited, so please register early to ensure a seat at this great networking event.
Sponsoring ITS Midwest gives you visibility and recognition as a leader committed to advancing ITS. Sponsors gain valuable
opportunities to strengthen or build partnerships with a maximum number of participants. Our members have been in the ITS
business for many decades and are involved in all facets of transportation planning, development, deployment and research.
In addition to the complimentary registrations noted below,
all sponsorship levels allow for one additional meeting registration at a reduced fee of $75.
Sponsorship benefits vary depending on the package chosen:
- Diamond: $2000 - includes (4) complimentary registrations, your 3 minute company video shown during the meeting breaks (if provided), and a full page in the meeting booklet, and company logo displayed at all breaks and lunch
- Platinum: $1500 - includes (3) complimentary registrations, your 1 minute company video shown during meeting breaks (if provided), 1 full page in the meeting booklet, company logo displayed at all breaks and lunch
- Gold: $1000 - includes (2) complimentary registrations, 1/2 page in the meeting booklet, company logo displayed at all breaks and lunch
- Silver: $500 - includes (1) complimentary registration, 1/4 page in the meeting booklet, company logo displayed during a specific break
Download the mail-in sponsorship form for more details and to register as a sponsor and pay by check. Sponsorship registration using credit card is also available as an option during online meeting registration (above).
$375 - provides display table with power and Wi-Fi in the Exhibitor Hall and includes one complimentary registration and up to two additional registrations at a reduced rate of $75.
Download the mail-in exhibitor form
for more details and to register as an exhibitor and pay by check. Exhibitor registration using credit card is also available as an option during online meeting registration (above).
Exhibitors and registrants may ship boxes to the Annual Meeting hotel using the following address on the shipping label:
TIM EMINGTON / Exhibitor
ITS Midwest Annual Meeting
1903 Embassy Square Blvd
Louisville, KY 40299
Our hotel point-of-contact is: Katie Nagel, Convention Services Manager, Phone: (502) 318-1711, FAX: (502) 491-7230
Please Note: Katie will be out of the office on vacation Thrusday (8/25) through Monday (8/29). She is back in the office on Tuesday (8/30).
The 2016 Annual Meeting will be held at the Marriott Louisville East located at 1903 Embassy Square Blvd, Louisville, KY 40299. The venue is a Four-Diamond hotel and the Official Hotel of the Kentucky Bourbon Trail. Each room has luxurious "Revive" beds, high-speed wireless and wired internet access, 42" flat panel HDTV, telephone with speaker phone, voicemail, ergonomically designed desks, and in-room complimentary safe and refrigerator.
ITS Midwest has reserved a block of rooms for the evenings of Wednesday, September 21 and Thursday, September 22 at a discounted event rate: $159/night (single) for a Standard King or two Queen Beds.
The special discounted room rate is available through September 2. For more information or to book a hotel room, visit the venue reservation website or call 1-877-901-6632.
For information on registration, lodging, presentation opportunities, exhibiting, sponsorship, or any other annual meeting questions, please contact David Zavattero at 773-802-1541.